Possible problems for Antminer-Troubleshooting for S7 & S9 Official

AntMiner • Comprehensive Discussion • Andy • Posted 2016-06-13 09:57:45 • Reply by alfonsoteran86 at 2017-03-16 04:58:46 • Read 7901 times

1.Issue: The miner works without hash rate. One of the hash board’s temperature exceeds 80 degrees.

Reason: A piece of heat sink is not glued on or dropped off.

Solution: Remove the hash board that exceeds 80 degrees to repair.

Note: If large quantities of hash boards’ temperature exceeds 80 degrees, please add cooling devices, as it will lead to the high temperature protection. And the miner is easily get defective working in the high temp environment.

2.Issue: The hash rate is in the normal range, but there is no temp shown on the Miner status (The hash board is easily get burnt if there is no temp shown on when the real temp is high)

Reason: The detector is damaged on one of the hash board that lead to the other two hash boards have the issues on display.

Solution: Test the 3 hash boards one by one to controller and let it running for about 5 minutes, find out the issued hash board and ship it back to repair.

3.Issue: The hash rate is lower than normal. There is “X” shown on the ASIC status.

Reason: The chip is damaged, which resulted in the loss of hash rate on one hash board.

Solution: If that hash board works well, you can keep it. There is no need to repair it until the hash board is totally defective.

4.Issue: The hash rate is lower than normal. There are a lot of “X” s shown on the ASIC status of one hash board.

Reason: The chips are damaged, which lead to the entire hash board running abnormal.

Resolution: Remove the hash board to repair.

5.Issue: The hash rate is lower than normal. There are a lot of “-” s shown on the ASIC status of one hash board.

Reason: It may be caused by the instability of the power supply voltage or the defective hash board.

Solution: First of all, please replace the power and 18 pin cable to try. If it doesn’t work, please remove the hash board to repair.

6.Issue: The hash rate is lower than normal. Some chips are lost. The hash rate is only 2/3 of the normal.

Reason: It was caused by chain scission of chips

Solution: Remove the hash board to repair.

7.Issue: The miner works without hash rate. There is X.X.X.X shown on the Hardware Version. Hash board cannot be detected. There is no information shown on the Miner status interface.

Cause: The firmware of miner is lost.

Solution: Power off the miner and reset it to see if that worked

8.Issue: The miner works without hash rate. There is 0.0.0.0 shown on the Hardware Version. Hash board cannot be detected. There is no information shown on the Miner status interface.

Reason: The firmware of miner cannot be detected.

Solution: Power off the miner and reset it to see if that worked

9.Issue: The miner works with normal hash rate when it was booted firstly. After a while, there is no hash rate.

Reason: One of the fans was not detected. Only when two fans are detected can miner work well.

Solution: Switch the fan and IO board in turn to find out which one is defective.

10.Issue: A large number of antpools increased unreasonably. Hash rate is normal. There is no use resetting the router.

Reason: One of the computers in the network has been captured by viruses.

Solution: Find poisoned computer. Kill the virus or format it.

11.Issue: Miner can’t find IP. Red light flashing. Green light does not shine.

1.Reason:the Miner is not connected with the internet.

Solution: test the cable and the setting of the internet (DHCP Model is needed)

2.Reason: the program of the procedure is not started.

Solution: Reset the power for several times.

3.Reason: the application of miner is lost (when the four green LED light on the right of internet access.

Solution: image file to SD card for System Recovery as below, https://enforum.bitmain.com/bbs/topics/2891

12.Issue: the miner doesn’t work after powering on. There is no use replacing the PSU.

Reason: There is a short circuit inside one of the hash board. It leads to automatic protection. The miner will get burnt powered by the PSU of poor quality.

Solution: 1. Test the miner with multimeter to find which part is defective. Remove the defective part to repair.

2. Ship back the unit to repair.

3. Switch the control board and the hash board separately with good miner to test.

13.Issue: PSU can’t work but fan is running. Miner works well after changing PSU.

Reason: The PSU is defective. The PSU’s fan is powered by different output. It can’t be judged by whether the fan rotation power is normal.

Resolution: Ship back the PSU to repair.

14.Issue: Miner restore factory setting after powering off.

Reason:The software in BB Board is damaged.

solution:Image SD card. Upgrade the firmware with the SD card.

Download:   https://cnshop.bitmain.com/support.htm?pid=007201604120945219855QObfk20066C

Production Tutorials:   http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU0MDUwNTkzMg==.html?from=y1.7-1.2

15.Issue: The hash boards are extensively defective resulting from the frequent network disconnection and continuous power supply

Reason: The miner tried to connect network frequently, which lead to program error in hash board.

Solution: You need to write a new program into hash board with programmer.

16.Issue: Miners work well for serval month and then miners start to be abnormal in large scale.

Reason 1. The hash boards were corroded by Moist air and lots of dust.

Resolution: Remove the defective hash boards, dust the miner and reduce air humidity.

Reason 2. a large amount of dust, resulting in congestion in cold air duct of miner. Heat can’t be discharged. (Catkins are likely to cause internal miner cold road congestion)

Solution: Remove the defective hash boards, dust the miner and add dust elimination.

17.Issue: The machine is defective when network changed

Reason: Due to network setup, miner can’t find IP.

Solution: Power off and reset it.

18.Isue: S7 died after running for a while. It runs again after rebooting.

Reasons 1. Temperature exceeds 80 degrees. It leads to the high temperature protection

Solution: Separate the cold and hot air. Increase the amount of air flow.

Reason 2. The PGA in BB board weld bad, which lead to miner’s down.

Solution: Remove the BB board to repair.

19.Issue: PSU can’t work but fan is running. All the indicators are off.

Cause: The control board cannot get power as the power section circuit in IO board is damaged.

Solution: Switch the BB Board and IO Board with good miner to troubleshoot the defective parts.

Received a total of 25 Replies
pirpaty • #1 • 2016-06-28 06:12:11
سلام سیستم من antiminer (S4) است

هنگامی که سیستم به برق وصل است

همه طرفداران WOLL به نوبه خود در

و نظارت بر نوبت

ولی

هیچ چیز نمایش وجود دارد بر روی مانیتور

Can not connect to application 

pirpaty • #2 • 2016-06-28 06:15:26
When the system is plugged

All fans will turn on

And monitor turns 

But there is showing on the monitor 

pirpaty • #3 • 2016-06-28 06:21:53
Hi my system is antiminer (s4)

When the system is plugged in

All fans will turn on

And monitor turns

But there is nothing showing on the monitor

Can not connect to application

VIPULZINJUWADIA • #4 • 2016-07-23 19:05:54

Everything is ok as you have mentioned in above post, still not getting performance. 

PujiBagusSiswantoro • #5 • 2016-07-26 17:23:12

I've upgraded Firmware still XXXXX

navguild • #6 • 2016-07-28 10:29:39

Antminer S9 Batch 1.

Upgraded firmware to latest version.

Miner is hashing (I can see it on the pool stats).

However I can't log in to the miner at all. Can't view status or change pools or anything else.

Therefore I can't even restore the backup firmware.

Please advise.

Thanks

Mikko • #7 • 2016-07-30 14:40:35

Navguild. It seem's your miner just go new ip or... try to clean your browser... Or try different browser. This happened to me also i used internet explorer and for some reason it wont let me in even im 100% sure of the login's

ronaldtech_20 • #8 • 2016-08-07 13:23:28
I already finish all the configuration and I check it many times but still not appearing in workers at ant pooling site...
xfactorhq • #9 • 2016-08-11 10:18:04

antminer s7.  

the miner (1) hashes well but red light is blinking instead of the green.  i tried exchanging another complete set of boards from  miner (2) to this  miner (1) and it still blinks red. but when i used board number (1) to miner (2) blinks red but hashing well.  any suggestions?

Andrii • #10 • 2016-08-28 04:58:34

почему минус, что надо сделать чтобы выплаты были как раньше. ПОМОГИТЕ !!!!!!

joliveira85 • #11 • 2016-08-29 19:07:15
Antminer S7.

the miner is not working properly after you turn on, the hash is 0.00

bader28 • #12 • 2016-09-04 13:52:59

I was updating the firmware to the latest one and it stopped during update and now I can't find the device on the network and its not resetting as well! what should I do?

mohmdalgarni • #13 • 2016-09-15 15:54:11

Hi

One of the hashboard is not working and this is the screenshot of the miner status. Any idea about this problem?

Thanks

tanny.vip • #14 • 2016-10-24 14:23:38

What should i do in this case?

Its stoped working at all..

standar • #15 • 2016-10-31 12:48:55

Hi, I have a antminer s7, but one of the cards does not work, is No. 2 in the I have a frequency of 700, but the temperature stayed at 27, the status is the same as the other two cards. Please any idea what kind of problem is this?

leonward • #16 • 2016-11-19 16:17:53

my antminer s9 1 chain is missing, is this because the IO Connector board has spoiled ?

NichtCheck • #17 • 2016-12-03 11:29:32

The awesome visible difference of Bitmains firmware update Antminer-S9-all-201611290613-autofreq-user.tar.gz.

The red line shows the volatility of the Hashrate of a Bitmain Antminer S9 before, during and after this firmware update.

tahisvalera2016 • #18 • 2016-12-17 22:37:08

Antminer S4

What is the fault? What should i do?

GregoryTurkawka • #19 • 2016-12-27 22:23:48

my antminer s9 1 chain is missing, is this because the IO Connector board has spoiled ?

have you found something, any solution? Same problem with me... got chain 3 and 4 but one chain missing... any help?

manuelponte2 • #20 • 2017-02-14 02:53:08

hi 

i think my antminer s7 has a virus, a  large number of antpools increased unreasonably and the Hash rate is normal. I tried to reset the antminer s7 to the factory settings but after 5 minutes of hashing the new url apperars on my screen again , so i never get my hash rate in the pool.

ajprieto • #21 • 2017-02-28 21:10:22

i need heelpp i dont know what to do s9 its nothashing aat full

Ro • #22 • 2017-03-02 00:44:53

I've upgraded Firmware still XXXXX

This sometimes happens. If you monitor your pool and the antminer is hashing, there is no problem. Sometimes I just let it run for a few minutes and then displays the Hardware Version. If that does not work, a reset should solve this issue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkP5SZiXn_U

Ro • #23 • 2017-03-02 00:51:24

My antminer S7 is not hashing... I summarized all that I have tried here: https://enforum.bitmain.com/bbs/topics/3965

But still no luck. I have an S5 running besides this one with the same configuration, and it works perfectly. Any help would be appreciated.

glimongi • #24 • 2017-03-12 18:31:17

have you found something, any solution? Same problem with me... got chain 3 and 4 but one chain missing... any help?

Hi has anyone solve this problem?

alfonsoteran86 • #25 • 2017-03-16 04:58:46

Hi has anyone solve this problem?

GUYS I AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE, MY 3RD ASIC CHAIN IS MISSING. IT NOT EVEN SHOW ON MY ANTMINER STATUS XXXXX IT WONT JUST READ IT, IT IS MISSING. CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

You need to Sign In before replying, if there is not an account you can Sign Up for an account.
 Create a new topic

Hash Rate & Mining Difficulty
 PH/s
BTC PRICE INDEX (24H)
Latest Blocks
Height:  
Size:  
Nonce:  
Bits:  
Relayed By:  
USD  % 
EUR  €